2020 Honda TRX250X
Call for Price
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Pure Sport and Pure Fun.
When you ride the 2020 Honda TRX250X, it's going to be a good day. Light handling, long suspension travel, and a broad four-stroke powerband make this ATV impossibly fun. It also features our exclusive Honda SportClutchTM, giving you all the control of a manual shift and clutch, while eliminating the chance of shift-induced stalling. Light enough for smaller adults, big enough for full-sized riders, and built to last.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
Efficient Engine Layout: Honda pioneered the concept of mounting our ATV engines front-to-back in the chassis. That results in a smoother, more efficient powertrain, and more power getting to the rear wheels.
No-Stall Shifting: Honda's exclusive SportClutch is only available on the TRX250X, and it's a great feature. New riders get to learn clutch control without worrying about stalling, while experienced riders get all the control and freedom to shift the way they normally would: Watch the Video
Fresh Styling: The 2020 TRX250X gives you your choice of distinct color styles: Check out the Metallic Blue version, and there's a slick red color as well.
- Electric Starter: The effortless electric starter makes getting the engine started easy, even when the engine is cold.
- Exclusive Honda SportClutch: The handlebar-mounted Honda SportClutch enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop. This revolutionary feature allows beginning or novice riders to learn clutch engagement points, while experienced riders enjoy the full performance of a conventional manual clutch.
- Reverse: The TRX250X's easy to use reverse makes unloading or maneuvering out of tight trail conditions easier.
- Rugged, Reliable 229cc OHV Engine: The TRX250X's lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer. The two-valve cylinder head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve contribute to the engine's broad, usable powerband.
- Shaft Final Drive: Honda's fully sealed rear driveshaft is super-strong and virtually maintenance free. The driveshaft sits in-line with the engine's crankshaft for maximum driveline efficiency.
- Rubber-Mounted Engine: A rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration. This helps make parts last longer, and cuts down on rider fatigue as well.
- Independent Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel and a smooth ride over rough terrain.
- Lightweight Aluminum Wheels: Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superior handling.
- Keyed Ignition: A keyed ignition switch provides added security. The switch also lets you control who goes riding and when.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Induction: 22mm piston-valve carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Honda SportClutch
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear drive shaft
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches of travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches of travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear Tires: 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Length: 68.5 inches
- Width: 41.8 inches
- Height: 42.6 inches
- Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
- Seat Height: 31.4 inches
- Ground Clearance: 5.7 inches
- Curb Weight: 384 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
- Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
- Model ID: TRX250X
- Available Colors: Metallic Blue, Red
- Note: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- 22mm piston-valve carburetor
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 5.9 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
- Front Tires
- 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear Travel
- 5.7 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 384 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.5 gal., including 0.7-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 5.7 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 68.5 in. x 41.8 in. x 42.6 in.
- 44.3 in.
- Final Drive
- Direct rear drive shaft
- Five-speed with reverse
- Metallic Blue, Red
- One Year Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.